Saturday, July 12, 2008

SCORE!!!

I read on The Nesters blog http://nestingplacenc.blogspot.com  about the fabulous "find" she got at Garden Ridge and the chairs that her mom bought were just what I was looking for (her mom got a bargain too) for our front porch; and since we have a Garden Ridge here I thought maybe I had better check them out. Went yesterday with my hubby and didn't see anything as great of a bargain as The Nester and her mom got and was pretty bummed. Not only because she got a great bargain but it seems this past week every blog that I have read, the gals are finding these great treasures and I am not. Am I jealous...darn right.

My wonderful hubby was looking over in a corner of Garden Ridge and found some items for 75% off, called me over and SCORE.... The sticker on one chair said $120.00...no way! I asked the one worker there and he said that it was correct with 75% off and again I said, "no way is one chair $120.00 regular price," just about that time the manager came out from the storage and he said that the $120.00 was for either 2 chairs or 4 and for this guy to go and check up front. He came back and said that it was $120.00 for 2 chairs and there were 3 chairs there, the manager tells me that if I take all 3 chairs he would sell them to me for (drum roll please) $30.00 buck- a-roos total, not a piece. I wasn't sure exactly how they were going to go on the porch and I do have on the back deck iron furniture so it could go back there if it didn't look right out front, but for now here is where they are. Thank you husband for finding that little 75% off nook in the corner, now I know where to head when I first enter the store.

Here is what they look like and 2 of them have a break where the iron scroll is at the top but can easily be welded (I am told) with some instant welder's stuff you can get at Home Depot or Lowes or they are screwed on and can easily be screwed off and have no iron scroll work there. If we decide to just unscrew the iron decoration I am going to try to find some other place for the one that stayed in tack.

The broken ones are the two outside ones.
Here is the corner they are in right now and the grill is to the right from the chairs so you have a place to sit and grill or I can chat with hubby as he grills.
Close up of my little group. They swivel too.
Everyone we saw yesterday heard this story of my great SCORE and hubby goes, "are you going to tell everyone about this?" My reply, "your darn right I am."  What women doesn't like to find a great bargain and brag.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great deal Dad found! I am impressed with the amount of blogging you are doing. Keep it up.

Missy said...

Oh my gosh. I have such porch envy. Your porch is so cute.

Houses here just don't hardly every have porches. It should be a CRIME.

gloria said...

Now you need one of those backporch fire pits.

Kim said...

I love a BARGAIN!! You did good!