Wednesday, February 25, 2009

They say history repeats itself



I got an email with the new Crate and Barrel catalog. So I  checked it out on line and thought I was thrown back in time. 

They say history repeats itself but I didn't think that the Brady Bunch era would resurface any time soon.

Now not all CB items were of the 70's look, but looking through the catalog I was reminded about antiquing with my much "younger" friends and seeing items of my childhood (such as what is in this post) and them remarking about what a cool looking "antique," or "boy, that looks pretty old," now... hey... wait a minute... need I remind them that I was their ride home.

Anyhow...

I have come to the conclusion that even though some of these items look as though they are from the 70's ... cool is cool... what can I say.

Here are some pretty awesome mirrors




I remember units like this in the bathrooms of days gone by but who would have thought it would be back again. It certainly has improved since the days that I remember these little gems that had plastic sliding doors and I think that white cabinet was white metal. Hmmm am I giving away my age?

Shag rugs... oh my!


Flower burst clocks

A Credenza that they used in the dining room to hold dishes.This held rolls of toilet paper and I remember we had one that was upright and plastic I think. Oh, the memories.
How about this chair.... I am thinking cafeteria here, how about you?
I am not a girl that necessarily loves this Brady Bunch, sleek lines, industrial  look but some of it isn't bad even when I lived through the 70's. If we had had computers and digital cameras back then, I could have shown you a room that would have fit right into the CB catalog of bold yellow and red large flowered wall paper with yellow shag carpet. Oh, yea, baby now we are talking. 

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Oh, if only I had saved the furniture and decorations from my youth! I could be making a fortune on Ebay, that's for sure. I had awesome pink shag rugs and chrome furniture. I was hot, let me tell you.

Sarah said...

I must say, I LOVE shag rugs. I don't quite know why...just the way they feel on my feet I think.

Thank you so very much for your sweet and motivating comments on my blog! I think that you should move here and we can be neighbors...you would be a great neighbor. :)