Monday, March 2, 2009

THIS ISN'T SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN!


I live in Georgia... this isn't suppose to be like this... what happened??? I was glad to move south to get out of these "wintery" conditions and now I feel like dejavu and I am back in Pennsylvania.

We had spent the past few days in North Carolina helping Jessica move into their new home and we had no TV or internet (deprived...right) and so we had NO idea that this type of weather was looming upon us until we were about 30 miles south of Charlotte and heard that in Greenville, SC there was ice and snow. Husband said to get off I-85 and maybe take secondary roads and so we did not knowing where the heck we were going (this was new territory for me as I had NEVER been on these roads before) and we hit snow, pelting rain and then we stopped to let the dogs do their thing and get something for Mabry to eat, seeing that we totally missed dinner and there it was clear as can be. The lady told Jessica at the little store that they were hoping for snow and Jessica said, it was all she could do not to climb over the counter and ring her neck. Are you kidding me lady! Anyhow, to make a long story short, what would normally take us 5 1/2  hours to get from her driveway to mine took us about 8 hours instead.


The driveway is ice and so is half the road. Also, the pups were having a hard time doing their "business" because there is a crust of ice on top of the snow and their little paws were slipping all over as they tried to navigate. I think they will be holding it in as long as possible today before they have to venture outside.

We were suppose to meet up with other Georgia bloggers for lunch today on the other side of Atlanta and I was really looking forward to it but I don't think it is going to happen. I am hoping the ladies will want to do this again SOON so that I can get a chance to meet them. When I have read other blogs and heard other bloggers getting together to meet face to face, I was envious and here is my chance and Mother Nature has wrecked havoc on our roads. Dang that Mother Nature.

3 comments:

The Berry's Patch said...

Well Cheri, you could always visit me. Bring your shorts and tank tops, it's supposed to be 90 today. :-)

Sarah said...

The funnies thing is...here in upstate NY we didn't even get an inch. :) I was hoping for some...the kids have been wanting to go sledding again. We usually get at least 1 big snow storm in March though.

Mary Ellen said...

I'm trying to scrape up some sympathy. really, I am!

It does suck when the weather interferes with our plans. Hopefully it will be back to normal soon.