Saturday, January 2, 2010

Starting to get settled

Living room: Got the mirror over the mantel for Christmas, daughter scored a great deal at Kirklands, but another reason I am showing you this shot, on the left the 6 black frames...


Here is a front on view. I originally had a different place in mind for these frames but it just didn't look right after making some other changes. These black and white pictures have meaning to me and Jay. Got them off the internet or daughter had taken them. The pictures I had made at Walmart, the 6 frames came from Walmart also and the mat, well I couldn't find the size I needed and so I got poster board and made my own. Total around $20. SCORE!

Since we grew up in Erie, PA and as kids always went to the beach (Lake Erie), this is Perry Monument, which is probably about half way around the Peninsula.

The Warner Theatre, a landmark in downtown Erie, and the Strand Theater were the two places to go and watch movies. The Strand Theater I believe is gone but here at the Warner Theatre they still have different plays, concerts etc:


The Boston Store, this landmark in downtown Erie is now apartments, but as a kid, this was the place to shop and the clock was seen everywhere and the one everyone went by. We sometimes would take the bus and come shopping here. This was where I always went to see Santa, there was the bargain basement and upstairs I remember the toy floor and also a floor where there were bridal dresses. I modeled a flower girl dress when I was around 5-6 years old here and it was put in the newspaper.

This is Old Main on the main campus of Penn State, where I worked before moving south. If you look at the last column on the right and the two windows on the top floor next to the column, that was the office that I worked in, Development Communications and Special Projects as a staff assistant. From there I went over to the Pasquirella Spiritual Center and worked as an administrative assistant in the Christian Student Foundation. I had the two best bosses and jobs anyone could ask for. I sure miss working there.

Now this place is my mother in-laws home and this is where my hubby mainly grew up and the house he lived in when I first met him at the tender age of 14. Yes, we have known each other for many many years. It is a lovely older home with the old stone basement, lots of land, huge pond and peace and quiet.


This is my mother in-laws barn which right now houses her cows and horse. There is actually a hill as you go down to those doors and our kids use to get in a barrel in the winter time and roll down the hill.

A close up of the mirror and to the right of the french door takes you into the breakfast area/kitchen

Other side of the living room

Breakfast area, pantry, the one open door is our futon room, the next one is the guest bathroom and beyond that is the guest room.

Breakfast area again while standing in the living room and also you can see the screened in porch.

Better view of the screened in porch

Standing in the breakfast area and looking into the kitchen. That open door at the end is the laundry room/mudroom. There is a door that goes into the garage and another one that takes you to the basement. To the right of that open door is the dining room. It just goes in one big circle, fun for kids and dogs.

Here is the dining room and I am standing near the front door.

Some more changes are coming but it may be slow going so be patient. I have some help coming the end of the month to help with painting. Stay tuned.



6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

You sure are getting settled and your home looks brand new, huge, and beautifully decorated.

Sandie

Sarah said...

You are really coming along...everything looks wonderful!!

Vail said...

It looks great Cheri! Can't wait to see more. I'm envious of the screened porch:)

vail

Rachel said...

GORGEOUS! You're doing an awesome job of getting settled - much quicker than I would! I love the meaningful black and whites - what a great idea!

Charlotte said...

Love the B&W photo's especially that they have such meaning to you...Love thatyou have mulitple guest rooms....I'm packing my bag!
Glad you getting help with the painting...it's coming along just as nice and cozy as the old home...

Infarrantly Creative said...

It looks like you are getting settled. Everything looks fab.