Thursday, September 8, 2011

Half Projects

I feel like I get to a certain point in my decorating and then either timing of other things or lack of decision making prevents me from completing a room... so hence the title. Our last 2 MBs were dark brown with accents of blue and cream. I still like that combination but this time I opted for gray.

Oh...gray...my nemesis. It is probably the one color that has had me baffled to a true gray. I thought I had it with Valspar Filtered Shade. Too many of what I thought was a true gray ended up being too purple/gray or too blue/gray. Filtered Shade seemed like I hit the gray color jack pot.

BEFORE: 






AFTER: (and it is all painted but this was just the start...so technically I shouldn't have said "AFTER") and it is NOT purple.




Here is a pic of how deceiving the color looked when I poured it out of the can. I actually thought they made a mistake and gave me a taupe color but you can see the actual gray where it has dried in the pan under the roller.


And here I am hard at work doing the cutting in phase...somebody's gotta do it...right? And I'm pretty sure the pups can't  help me out and the husband...well other than drywall, this is the "other" job he hates to do. Not me.


I am still trying to get use to it...it looks like a gray/purple to me. I was going to accent with plum but not sure if that will just make everything look more gray/purple or not. So...now you understand "why" I am at Half Projects. Hmmm...maybe that should be my new blog...Half Projects with Cheri.

3 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

I tend to half-do projects too, so I understand what you mean. I don't know if I get tired or simply lose interest before it's all done. ? ? ?
Keep going though - it's the finishing details which bring a project all together...I'll be watching for the "finished" photos.

Judy said...

i think all my projects are half-done so welcome to the club!

can't wait to see it all done...

judy

Chatty Crone said...

I agree - finish it Cheri - I think it will all come together too - you do awesome work. sandie