Sunday, September 23, 2012

Amelia

Yesterday I got an early morning phone call from our youngest daughter to let me know she was at the hospital... her water had broke. We weren't expecting Amelia Mae to be making her debut just yet (Oct. 7th was the due date) but then babies have a way of coming into the world when they are good and ready...they are not on anyone's time table but their own.

As the gamma...I couldn't stand it and had to call around lunch time to see how our daughter was doing. She couldn't bite the bullet any longer and had to get the epidural. For her...it was a great relief.

Finally got the call that Amelia Mae Jumper had arrived at 5:30 PM and she weighed 7# 3 oz. and 19 1/2" long. The Dr. was tending to our daughter and I didn't expect her to call me, figuring she was totally exhausted and hungry, but she did call her mom and dad later in the evening when everyone had left and it was quiet.

We are all very excited that Miss Amelia is here...that she and her momma are doing fine.

Now the fun begins....



                                                                   Sorry about the line
                This is the only picture I have right now but I am sure there will be more later on.

4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

What a miracle Cheri - every time I see a new born baby - and she is so pink and so cute and so perfect - I think of God. I just can't help it. And your daughter called you - she's a momma now - she will understand more.

She is a beautiful baby girl.

Sweet Tea said...

So Happy for you and your family. What a joyous occasion. Your life will never be the same now that you are a Gamma!! Congratulations!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I know you are so happy! What a sweetie she is. I love that name!! Congrats!
hugs, Linda

Rachel said...

Beautiful baby!!! What an exciting week for you!! Congratulations!