Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Valentine's Day (early) lunch

Bloggers never cease to amaze me. The gals I have met are creative, generous, funny...no hysterical, awesome cooks and never lag in the hostessing department. It puts me to shame.

Joyce, in between her travels invited a group of us to her apartment for a yummy Valentine's Day lunch. OMG...we had such scrumptous food. Joyce made homemade chicken pot pies, an Autumn Salad, and the ultimate mac/cheese comfort food. Me... well, Marie Callender and Kraft are two of my very best friends.



See those cute slender Valentine's glasses? Joyce got them at the Dollar store! Score!

Desserts were... oh...... so... good. There was Angel food cake with strawberries, brownies and cookies. Not sure who made the brownies (I apologize) but Sue made the cookies and the popovers in the basket in the above picture.




Is your mouth watering yet? Bet you wish you were there. Next time.



L-R: Sue http://rue-mouffetard.blogspot.com, Sandie, http://chattycrone.blogspot.com, 
Linda, http://ljm-alacarte.blogspot.com, Cheryl, http://jojos-joys.blogspot.com and Rose, who use to blog at http://santamakersjourney.blogspot.com. Our hostess Joyce was in the kitchen when this picture was taken but she use to blog at, http://flourpower.blogspot.com.

We laughed and laughed with Joyce talking like her FIL with her NY accent about him and his girlfriend at the nursing home, you had to have been there, just trust me, it was hysterical and then Sue who can't go anywhere without a story to tell in her series of "That could only happen to Sue," about her Paris holiday. This Fall our very own Linda will be vacationing in the City of Lights. We all hope she has a safe and wonderful trip...but Linda...we hope you'll have a good story to tell when you get back.

Usually a get together always involves little "surprises," (this is not set in stone) and Joyce asked each of us to bring some items for the Women's/Children's shelter instead, but do these ladies listen...not even Joyce listened to herself.


The very LARGE doxie mugs were from my friend, Sue. She knows we have two doxies at home and almost anytime I see her she has something with a doxie on it she has found for me. Thanks Sue! Laying flat is the cute tablet with the calendar at the bottom and some pieces of candy from Rose, Thanks Rose! The picture on the tablet makes me think of something French. Sue gave everyone the round trinket box with the heart on it, again, thanks Sue. The towel is from Joyce and I have a table cloth exactly like it, awesome, but what is really awesome is the bag in which it came in (the one right behind it)...our own Joyce made them from scrapbook paper.

What a great way to start the week...good friends...good food and little "surprises."

5 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Cheri you described the lunch perfectly! Great food, great friends and wonderful stories! Oh and I promise I will have some great one's after my trip to Paris!
hugs, Linda

Chatty Crone said...

I am one lucky gal - friend - blogger - to have met up with all of you and being able to keep up our friendship. It was wonderful to see and hear everyone's stories. Love, sandie

Jojo said...

Cheri, It was so much fun and I hope we can get together again very soon!!! I rushed to get my post up and looking back I realized I accidentally left your name off the post! Fixing that now. You took some really good photos too.

Rachel said...

How fun!! I'm so glad you've found a blogger community there.

Sweet Tea said...

What fun! I would love to have been there. Wish I knew some Louisiana Bloggers!!