Thursday, April 18, 2013

Remodel reminded me of when I was a dental assistant


Jay didn't like the tile backsplash we had...wasn't my favorite either but I was willing to work with it. It was cream...in my head I was telling myself that it looked like subway tile. My hubby's mind was telling him to "TAKE IT OFF." So off it came and this is what a wall looks like when you take tile off...ICK.

Too keep the dust down while removing the tile board, Jay suggested I take this


and follow behind him as he demolished the wall board. Just like when I was a dental assistant and working with the vac as the dentist was drilling...you get the picture. In my mind I wasn't thinking about dust or the remodel but of those days when I worked in a dental office.

                                                                (source for picture unknown)

This is what happens when my mind wonders.


Demolition begins.


Ta Dah



New board up. It gave me some insight as to what the walls would look like if I painted them green and now I think I am going more neutral instead on the walls. I am a visual person so this helped.

This is the backsplash we picked out. Not at all what I thought (again in my mind) we were going to do and this is where the visual comes in for me. I thought about a gray color but everything we put with our counter top just didn't hit a home run for us.



This is some tile we (possibly) were thinking of replacing with some of those smaller square tiles here and there to give it some bling (but not sure) and we would only use the brown colored ones.


Moving right along....


3 comments:

Babs said...

It looks like y'all are having sooo much fun. :)
Looking forward to seeing the final choice.
Babs

Chatty Crone said...

I'm with Babs - can't wait to see the finished back splash - I think you picked the right one. sandie

Sweet Tea said...

I love to see projects - especially finished projects. LOL I'll be watching for the next photos...BTW, I didn't know you had once worked in a dental office.