Thursday, June 13, 2013

Blogger Birthday Fun

Email invitations were sent for a "June Pool Party Birthday Lunch" for two blogging friends, Linda, aka: http://ljm-alacarte.blogspot.com


and
Denise, aka: not a blogger per say but an honorary one to us.


over at Sue's,



aka: http://rue-mouffetard.blogspot.com beautiful home, she had a mountain of wonderful food; enough to feed a small army and there were only 5 of us.

Sandie,


aka: http://chattycrone.blogspot.com, was the other blogger who came (along with me) and she will always bring you some small gift when we get together (she is generous like that).

We had so much fun talking and having "girl time" that we never got into the pool and when we were all getting ready to leave when there was noise of thunder with a bit of lightening thrown in. Was Mother Nature angry that we didn't take advantage of Sue's yard and pool? Next time. Next time we will start out at the pool and not in her gorgeous kitchen.

I didn't get pictures of all of the fantastic food...forgot my camera and only had my iPhone plus I am not that great at taking pictures. Here are a few though...


Sorry so dark...see...I told you I am not so good at taking pictures...so let me describe it to you. Sue had a quilt as the table cloth, very cute idea with either pink or white large plates that had polka dot bowls for the Italian wedding soup she made...DELICIOUS. Hydrangeas were the centerpiece (my favorites),  Sue made to order club sandwiches, pasta salad, mini cupcakes, key lime pie, I brought some fresh fruit, ice tea and some raspberry fizz (that's what I'll call it). Did I forget anything....hmmm...there was so much that I didn't eat everything.


Sue made cookies and put them in the new "blue" Ball Jars with a tag on how to make them a soap dispenser for each of us at our place setting.


The girls got some lovely gifts and you could just tell that each was carefully thought out for the person receiving it.


So next time we are going to hit the water and enjoy this pool with the water fall feature...have "The Boss" dress as our pool boy serving us lovely drinks with umbrellas in them and pretend we are in Tahiti.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA AND DENISE!

THANKS, SUE, FOR A LOVELY LUNCH.

3 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I had a blast and loved being with all you girls. We chatted so much we didn't make it to the pool but I agree, next time pool first! Thanks again for the sweet gift.
hugs,
Linda

Chatty Crone said...

Cheri - what a wonderful time you must have had. The food looked great. And the girls that were there - just gorgeous.


(Got yah!)
sandie

Hope your pups are okay!


Unknown said...

What a wonderful party! The food..the food! Oh my. And how in the world did you all not jump into that gorgeous pool with the waterfall?! There should definitely be a next time.