Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 3 of house tour - master bedroom

I had taken some pictures last week with the old paint color on the walls and decided over the weekend to paint the room again. Last Fall I painted the room a cream color and for the past 9 months I have tried to like the color; it looked good in the can, but it just wasn't doing a thing for me, so I switched to a medium brown color that I like a whole lot better.  The door to the left is coming into the master bedroom (on the other side of the wall is the kitchen). The color is really a bit darker than what the picture shows and I still have the chocolate brown around the trey ceiling which matches the blades on the fan perfectly (believe it or not).


Here is where my problem lies or maybe it isn't a problem, should I put something on the wall above the headboard?
Here is the old wall color (and this pretty much is what the color looked like) and this gives you a better idea of what else is around the bed.
Pretty much the same picture but with the new paint color.
The other side of the bedroom and that small hall has a double closet on the left for hubby and on the right (even though you can't see it) is a walk in closet for ....you guessed it ME. It actually is nice having this small separation between bedroom and bath.
All opinions are welcome if you'd like to leave a comment:  Should I put something above the headboard and (I am not letting you get off that easy) what do you think it should be? HELP!

11 comments:

The Berry's Patch said...

I love your bedroom furniture! I would definitely put something above the headboard. A grouping of 3 pictures or (this has been the going thing lately) a grouping of plates.

Here is an idea:

http://nestingplacenc.blogspot.com/2008/07/master-bedroom.html

Maybe not as many plates though. I think I'm going to do a post this week on master bedrooms.

Brandee :-)

The Berry's Patch said...

I just wanted to let you know tomorrow I'm posting about your bedroom. I hope you don't mind getting more suggestions.

Brandee :-)

Cheri said...

No not at all, thanks.

Cheri

TexasNeals said...

you have such a beautiful home and such great taste! i, too, would put something over the bed. i like the white plate idea. it would look clean and cozy. :)

Anonymous said...

You need something over the bed. What, I am not sure. If I come up with something I will let you know. I like the new paint color. I do think it looks different than the rest of the house's paint color, but I get what Dad was saying when he thought it was similar.

The Berry's Patch said...

Cheri,

I just now got my post up. This is the second time I've scheduled a post and it didn't work. Sorry about that.

Brandee :-)

Shannon said...

Hi, hopped over from the Berry's Patch. Love your house! I enjoyed the tour so far. I put a group of plates over my bed. I recently did a house tour so you might could scroll down and find it. I think you could do anything above your bed. It is a great space!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I saw from Brandee's blog, you were in need of inspiration for over your bed. First of all, I LOVE your bedroom set. It's beautiful. Here is a link to my bloggy page and a pic to my bedroom. Over my bed, I have a wreath thingy that is made out of grapevine. I love the way it looks. Best part, it was cheap. :)

http://shackontherocks.blogspot.com/2008_07_01_archive.html

-- Brandi

Rue said...

Hi Cheri :)

I just came over from The Berry's Patch. I see a long framed picture or mirror above your bed. You can see an example on my blog header.

You have a beautiful room to work with :)

rue

Trixi said...

I just came over via the Berry's Patch. Now that I look at it, your headboard is so high that I would just put a nice piece of vertical iron work. It would look great!!

Kristen, pajama mama said...

I followed the link from Brandee's site, and had just posted today on my blog about using plates above my bed. I, too, was inspired by the Nester. I'm sure you'll find something perfect and personal for your space. It's a beautiful room.

-kristen