Sunday, August 17, 2008

The whole upstairs and end of the house tour...we won't do the basement

Here you area at the top of the stairs looking down at the foyer. That sweet little table is one from my husband's granddad's house. Going to the right of this picture this is the room you will see.

This is the futon/craft room. Before my craft area was in the basement but I decided that this might work much better for me.

Another view and ladies...here is a large wall that I need something on...suggestions are always welcome. As you can see there is no theme really going on here. What is that show on HGTV where she tries to find your style? What is mine...cheap, yard sale, oh I know 12 months no interest no payments.
Down from the craft room is this guest room. 
Here is another piece from husband's granddad's home. It was actually in his aunts' bedroom. This was my very first attempt at covering furniture and I don't think I did too bad. Even though the bedding is gold, I was contemplating painting this room a blue color but not quite sure of the shade. They have some beautiful fabric to buy in Ballards but I think I have seen it also in Hancock Fabrics or something similar to it. What is holding me back on the painting is this chair (and I have an area rug in this room that has a similar look as the chair), I still love this fabric. What do ya think? Maybe gold and a blue color wouldn't look good together...hmmm.
The last view of this guest room before walking down the hall and making a left and just past the stairs to the bonus room. 


When you come into the bonus room (which is over the 3 car garage so that gives you an idea how large the room is) this is what you see. To the right are two dormers and the bed is to the left.
Here is looking at the two dormers.

Here is the other dormer you couldn't see as well from the above pic but this table and chair set my mother in-law brought back from Germany when they were stationed over there. She had it for many years in her kitchen and gave it to us. At our old house it was in a corner in our family room where we would play cards or games and my husband and one daughter made a hanging lamp over the table from an old metal bucket (wish I had a picture of that to show you) with drilled holes outlining evergreen trees...cute cute cute. I have to confess it wasn't our original idea, we were in a restaurant up home and they had done this over each table and we liked it.


Finally...looking at the bed area in this room. See how large, we can even have a love seat here. I need to add something to the wall in this room also. HELP!


So in conclusion, if you thought you were going to just look at pictures and not have me ask you for some (suggestions) help, you were so sadly mistaken. There are three...count them three questions I have asked for your thoughts and please feel free to share this with other bloggers, friends. the lady at the check out counter and the neighbor dog...I need HGTV.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think over the futon you need a life size photo of Dan and myself to remind you of the two people, who if it wasn't for them, you wouldn't have your wonderful chunky little grandbaby.
But in all seriousness try getting those phrase things on Etsy for above it. I will call you and explain what I am talking about.

The Berry's Patch said...

We should be asking you for decorating advice. You have great taste! I think when you find that perfect picture for your walls you will know it. ;-)

I love that little table in the room over the garage.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Beautiful pics but what makes them even better? The wieners!!

Hallie :)

Cheri said...

Brandee,

Thanks for your kind words but I do need decorating help and I can't take all the credit. Our two oldest daughters were here at this house with all our belongings before I was able to move down and they had quite a bit of it done by the time I got here.

I love the idea our oldest came up with for the vinyl words on the wall and am giving some thought to actually doing that above our headboard as well.

Cheri

Cheri said...

Hallie,

I think our girls would disown me if I put up pictures that big of the weiners... ha ha

Kim said...

You are tooo funny! I too use the 12 months same as cash - Alot!! hehehe

Thanks for visiting!