Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Am I a Nerd

I got this in the mail yesterday...do you wonder what it is???
Do you recognize the address return label?

I WON this autographed book that just came out. 
Me... I WON! I was one of 20 that received this book.


Now you if you are a Karen Kingsbury fan you have probably been reading the series (there are three of them) on the Baxter family. To win this autographed book you had to answer 25 questions pertaining to the Baxter family, I was #19 out of 20. How awesome is that?

If you love to read, I would highly recommend these books and particularly this series. Karen makes you feel as though you are intimate friends and neighbors of theirs. If they were real, you would know them as soon as you met them, that is the kind of Christian writer that Karen is.

So am I a "nerd" for getting this excited over a book?

8 comments:

Vail said...

Congrats Cheri -- What fun!!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! I love to read to... does that make us both nerds?... If so ..glad to join ya, smile~

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Cheri, how exciting! What fun...that doesn't make you a nerd! Hahaha, fun stuff!
Debbie

Darlene said...

Congratulations on your win!!! I LOVE books whether it makes me a nerd or not!

The Berry's Patch said...

If you're a nerd then I'm a total geek. I love to read all the time. I'm always looking for a good book. Congratulations on winning one. :-)

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Congrats!! Winning is an awesome thing!!

Hallie :)

Picket said...

Congrats girl on winning that book! I love to find a great book that just draws you in and you sat there and can't put it down and laugh and cry even while you are reading it ..you get so caught up in the characters and the writer makes you feel like you truly do know thses people! lol Nay..you're not a nerd....just a 'bookworm'! lol lol Have a great day sweetie!

Rue said...

Hi Cheri :)

NO! You are NOT a nerd for getting excited over a book! I love books :)

Thank you so much for the birthday singing ;)

rue