Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Morning

I had a late Christmas Eve night and so I was rudely woken up. Now mind you it wasn't at the crack of dawn...

more like 8:30...
but hey, a girls gotta get her beauty rest...NOT...
NOT when Santa is coming to town 
(yawning)

Got out of bed and gave momma a hug.


And here we are walking over to where Aunt B. was sleeping and going to get her up.
Come on Aunt B. rise and shine...Santa's been here...I'm sure he left you a present. Come on...come on.

The first thing I saw under the Christmas tree was this really really soft frog and I had to go and check it out.

Some years my momma does some sort of a treasure hunt for one of the family members, this year it was my gampa and I helped. Here he has clues to find the answers and the highlighted letters he has to put together for a clue.

The highlighted letters said he had to check my diaper for the clue.

Let's just say that gampa was a little bit apprehensive on this one. (giggle giggle)

After he read the clue he had to check where the (blank) was hung by the chimney with care....

Come on gampa, you can do it. Why are you checking out the glass hurricane?

He found his gift in the bottom of my gamma's stocking (guess I have to re-read the Night Before Christmas to gampa AGAIN and he got an ipod.

Hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed Christmas, we sure did. 
Not sure if my gamma will be posting before New Year's so just in case...

Have a wonderful New Year's Eve and be safe.

8 comments:

Vail said...

What fun! Glad to see Jay is entering the techno age :))

Linda said...

Sounds like fun at your house! Glad your Christmas was so enjoyable.

If I don't talk to you before Wednesday...Happy New Year!

The Berry's Patch said...

8:30?!?!? You've got to be kidding me. My kids had me up at 5am. I swear I'm going to tie them to the beds next time. ;-)

I'm glad you had a good Christmas with your family and your adorable grand baby. :-)

Darlene said...

She is an absolulte doll...so CUTE! The treasure hunt sounds like FUN! I hope you have a great New Years! Look forward to blogging with you in 2009!

Betsy said...

Oh Mabry Grace. That girl can really sleep if she wants too!

Love you!
Betsy

P.S. LOVE your new blog look.

Darlene said...

I came by to wish you a Happy New Year and catch up on Mabry Grace's posts. She is just adorable and I'm glad she was such a big help to you! Too CUTE!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

How cute...love the writing on the diaper! Haha that is wonderful. Glad your Christmas was wonderful...have a lovely New Year!
Debbie

Nancy Rosalina said...

Happy New Year, Gamma! Sounds like you all had a lot of fun Christmas morn! Blessings to you in 2009, Nancy