Thursday, October 29, 2009

Surprise

I started this post with this long spiel of gifts, surprises, thoughtfulness blah..blah...blah and the only thing I can honestly say is, "I am just quite shocked that anyone thinks that much of me to want to give me a present" and especially when they don't hardly know me. Do you get surprised when someone you hardly know gives you a gift? Or just surprised when you get a gift for no reason?


Well my blogging friend... oh heck... my friend, Sue, handed me this card with this cute Halloween ribbon around it. Hey, if I had even thought of a card (not much of a card giver) there surely wouldn't have been any ribbon around it. (* Note to self... ribbon around cards... nice touch).

"Sorry to See You Go" is on the front and she wrote inside a real sweet message for me. Well Sue, I have news for you... if I have my way... my move isn't going to change our new friendship and I am counting on you to come and visit me... it is only the next state over.
I was pleasantly "surprised" that Sue got me a subscription to Birmingham magazine. How cool is that? She thought this would help us to get to know our new area. I never knew that there was a Birmingham magazine, so now when I know someone is moving to another town, I will have to check and see if they have their own magazine to get them.

This was a wonderful and thoughtful idea, thanks Sue so much for the magazine and for thinking of me. Now I'll be able to find some (hopefully) interesting places to eat and shop for yours and Denise's visit....



1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Oh thank you for the kind words...We had such a good time yesterday that i am sorry to see you move so soon....but yes, we will come to B'Ham for a visit...you certainly have a way of finding good stuff to do!! Enjoy the magazine subcription...Sue.