Friday, November 20, 2009

Once Upon a Time



Once upon a time there was a gamma who was having a "happy" day... like this one.


Then at the 11th hour the Underwriters for the new home loan misplaced/lost all the happy gamma and gampa's paperwork. "Oh, whatever shall we do?" So we scramble through files to scan and resend besides many many phone calls and car miles. Let's just say I may have went over my minutes and Verizon loves me. And now the gamma looks like this.


Then the original attorney that was to do the closing decided it was too late in the day and he had two more closings to do and so everyone scrambles to find another attorney, they do and convene at his office around 4:00 PM only to find out that the bank has the money but will not transfer the funds because it is too late in the day. Closing scheduled for the next day.
Next day everyone thinks all is well when they get to the new attorney's office at 11:00 AM and find out that the two POAs will not be accepted by the Underwriter and so gamma has to go and get yet another one notarized and now gamma looks like this.


FINALLY after six hours in the attorneys office (the husband), many phone calls, appalling/rude behavior from various parties (won't mention companies or names but it wasn't us, the homeowners, new atty., our realtor or our mtg. gal... figure it out) gamma now looks like this

When gamma and gampa should be looking like this.

In a few days gamma will be seeing these folks (minus the guy in the stripes, we will miss you Sven)

And then gamma will look like this again

Because she will have this little helper


To help gamma move into this house in a week


This couldn't be a better expression of how gamma looked the past couple of days.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your helper is ready. She keeps saying, "Gamma new house?" or "I box Gamma." That last one I think is her way of saying she will help with the move because I told her that there would be lots and lots of boxes we would have to pack up and move.

Vail said...

Sounds like the closing from down under. Glad you survived. I don't envy you the move but sure hope it will be the last one for you for a good while. Enjoy being with your family.

love to all
vail

Chatty Crone said...

I'm wondering how you are looking now with the move so close! I am thinking about you and wish you well. Hope you love your new home. One thing about the Internet - it's moving with you.

What a cute, cute story!

Sarah said...

Yikes! Sounds like you have a had a few really rough days! Hope the next few are better. OMG...that last picture is the CUTEST!!!!

Chatty Crone said...

Hope the move is going great.

Rachel said...

Welcome to Birmingham! I hope you guys love it here - it's a great place to live! I feel for you though - I HATE moving. Yeeeks!

Marie said...

Sounds awful but I love your pictures!