No pictures with this post so I hope that doesn't mean you'll move on to the next blog but I understand if you do, I love pictures too. It has been a long back breaking knee grinding muscle pulling few days for us and our kids, but we got moved in. We couldn't have done without their help and we can't thank them enough.
Started packing up the Penske truck (did ya see us rolling down I-85) on Wednesday evening, finished up on Thursday night (Thanksgiving) but stopped long enough to enjoy some Thanksgiving dinner at Cracker Barrel. The plan was to drive part way and some were gung ho to go all the way, won't mention names, Jessica, but the later it got and the more tired we became the local Quality Inn became our refuge that night. Those crazy girls of ours saw that our hotel was across the street from the Outlet stores with traffic as far as the eye could see and decided since the stores were opening at midnight for "Black Friday" that they would join the other shoppers to find some bargains. Mean while Dan, Jay, Mabry and I decided to crash and call it a night. The beds could have been concrete and we would have slept like babies we were that exhausted.
Betsy and I went ahead on "Black Friday" to the new house and managed to clean baseboards and inside windows before the rest got there. I am trying not to be judgmental so without going into detail we'll just say that I have my work cut out for me.
We still have items in a storage unit we rented that need to be gotten by the end of the month and we also have some stuff still at the other house yet but at least the house is starting to come together.
Please keep up the prayers for our other house to sell, most every weekend we have had people come through so at least there is that. We just need that one family to come through and fall in love with it.
Hope everyone is enjoying watching Christmas movies like I am, this is helping to get into the holiday spirit.
3 comments:
You poor thing having to move on Thanksgiving but thank goodness for Cracker Barrel! I hear Cracker Barrel has lots and lots of goodies. I'll have to check it out someday.
Too funny about the girls going outlet shopping. Truth be told, I probably would have been right there with them!
I'm so glad your new home is coming together. You'll have to show us some pictures soon. In the meantime, still praying that your old home sells. You're right, just need that one special buyer. It'll happen!
Wow...you have been busy! Can't wait to see pictures of the new house! Moving is just so hard...we moved last year...only a mile away it is such a job!
That is so funny that the girls went outlet shopping..hope they got some great deals!
Welcome home - it is beaautiful by the way - and what a wonderful family you have.
Post a Comment