This is really a random post but here goes... (Click on pictures to enlarge)
I wanted to show you the dining room curtains because I need ideas on what color to paint the walls. Right now they are a light peach color.... umm... not me. You can kind of see the color from the picture. Love the chandie though. For now I am thinking of keeping the drapes. That is not my furniture, this picture was one Jay had taken when we were looking at the house.

Now on the one wall we have this geneology chart Jay's aunt started for us and I have paint chips hanging around it trying to see if I like one, two or three of those colors, any ideas or none of these colors? They are pretty accurate.

Here you can see the geneology chart on the wall. Pardon the pup's beds, I have started sitting here with my computer because it is nice to look out the window, I haven't found a place yet to permanently call "home" for my computer. The boxes in front of Santa and Frosty are for window film we bought last night but haven't yet put over the door side lights. They had stained glass panels that were held up by trim... remove the trim... and whalla... no more stained glass blue flowers. Oh it was pretty but not me and certainly not blue. I like blue but I don't seem to decorate with blue or much of it. Anyhow...
Here is the front door and it is nice to have the light coming in but privacy.... not so much. Now picture looooong blue stained glass flowers ALL the way down. So the reason for the window film, it gives privacy and yet will let the light come in.
Then in the pantry we bought one board and the nice young man at Lowes cut it into four pieces for us for free to put on these wire shelves and now my seasoning packets want to say, "thank you," they were tired of hitting the pantry floor.

Here are some paint chips that I have on the living room wall and I keep leaning towards the long solid one in the middle. Because there is not much light coming in I want to keep the room light. My thought here is to paint the walls this light color OR do Board and Battening about 3/4 of the way up and the top part paint a color (my girls keep talking terra cotta, so that is why you see those colors there also).

These colors are behind our headboard and I am contemplating maybe one of those three colors in the middle. I had brown in our bedroom before and am not sick of it. I would do the bathroom in a lighter version. What do you think?

I think you can see the peachy color close to the door. Now with this dark furniture I need to make sure the rooms are light but what do you think about a color higher up if we do the Board and Battening? And do you think terra cotta or another color?

Dining room window after we put up the wood blind... yeah!

These next two photos are the wood blinds in our room and the curtains are dark brown.
The sitting area of our bedroom but that color on the walls looks more gray and it is really a periwinkle color.

Sitting area again but you can see the color the curtains are.

I started my baking today.... I know.... I know.... those SPOILED pups. I made dog treats using wheat flour, applesauce, cinnamon, cloves, water, oil and honey. Boy did my house smell good. Isn't that the cutest cookie cutter?

Waiting there turn to get on the cookie sheet.

Ready for a warm oven for 33 min. and they come out just like you see them here. They do not spread or puff like cookies do. Then you keep them refrigerated because they are all natural ingredients.

Shhh they are for Christmas.
MERRY CHRISTMAS and answering any of my questions in the comments is purely your option but one that would be greatly appreciated. Just keep in mind light and the colors need to blend from one room to the next. The kitchen will get the light color of the living room, the two other bedrooms I am not concerned about just yet or the guest bathroom but for that one I do think I know what color I am painting that, pale yellow.
5 comments:
The shades in your bedroom and dinning room look good. It's hard to tell the paint sample colors. You should bring them to Jessica's at Christmas so I can look at them!
Cheri - I would love to help you, but I am a novice. I don't think you'd like my help.
When we went to lunch at Karyn's she had the prettiest shade of green - and I've asked her to let me know what color it was, but haven't heard as of yet.
I need to have our house painted and I loved that green and the off white was lamb.
Sandie
Okay, you didn't have this color up in your dining room, but I think a deep rust would look great with the curtains. Is the genealogy chart staying there? I don't think the red matte would look good with rust walls and would probably put in a golden/bronze or green matte instead of the red. That's my opinion anyway.
Cheri, lovely house. have you looked at wallpaper for windows for decorating and adding privacy to your sidelights?
They have some decorative films that would do wonders for your place. the arched window over the front door can coordinate with the sidelights.
The dining room window looks good with the wood blinds, but can look even better if you decorate the arched window over it (will also hide the view of your roof thru the window)
I found out about them this time last year and love my sidelights. check them out, at wallpaperforwindows.com
merry christmas and have a happy new year in your new home,
Zelda
I love the rows of paint chips - hilarious! And baked dog treats? Wow - Martha Stewart should hire you as her sidekick!!
It was great meeting you last night! I hope y'all enjoyed the show as much as we did!!!
Post a Comment