What does this photo of this cute doxie have to do with gray hair ...
well...
This cute little (I use that term loosely) doxie scared me half to death the other day when I couldn't find her. After getting some groceries ( I took the two fur girls with me) and running a couple other errands, I knew these two would need a potty break in a bad way. So as I was unloading my bags of food, I let these two go and "do their thing." Macy came right back and I put her in the house and I was still calling and calling for Kizzy Lu. My gut told me to go to the road right behind our house, and there she was, right on the edge of the road.
I called...
she ignored me...
she looked in the road like she was going to take off like a shot for the dogs barking across the street.
I was too far to dive for her so in as sweet as voice as possible I tried calling her back to me. Oh, she knew she was in trouble as she slooooowly slinked her way back to me taking all the time in the world to do so. She almost made it to me when her little pea brain said, "stop...she is fooling you and she is going to spank you once you reach her."
She started to make a detour and in my most stern voice (don't laugh girls) I hollered for her and she KNEW she had better come to me. Gathered her up in my arms, whacked her bottom (yes, girls I did WHACK her bottom... I don't want to hear, "yea, right...I did) and all she could do was lay her head on my shoulder and beg for forgiveness. Pathetic.

So I have come to the conclusion that as long as we have Kizzy and Macy, and no fenced in yard yet, I will still need you, L'Oreal. You girls are off the hook from any gray hairs that I get from this day forward.

5 comments:
LOL! Your doggie is adorable and seems to know when Momma means business :). So cute.
LOL!! Poor doggy...poor you. :)
That had to be scary - you need to let her know you mean business! You love her so much! Sandie
Animals and husbands....the real cause for gray hair...this reminded me of whe I thought I lost daughters cat....nobody told me how cats can hide in a house and you can never find them....I hate cats.
Hey lady....don't want you to think I'm ignoring your e-mails...I haven't been able to send e-mails in 2 days...Have no idea what the problem is...Today I haven't been able to both send and recieve....I hate computers sometimes...
Post a Comment