This "IS" the Mansion of our Governor and quite beautiful.
The basement we have decided must be the ballroom and it is bigger than my entire house, main floor is for social events and the family lives upstairs on the second floor.
One of many decorated tables on the main floor. Each room was decorated by a local decorator or florist. Wouldn't mind them coming and decorating my house.
Chandie in the foyer
Here is the fireplace in the same room as above.
One of the Dining Rooms all done in blue and gold. The room beyond is the kitchen and the chef came over to chat with us. She makes 18,000 cookies for the Holiday tour.
The mantel is from the same room as above.
Rose from "Santa Makers Journey" blog made the Big Mistake of referring to this "State Trooper" as a Security Guard and Poor Joyce was taking the rap. This New Yorker is always getting into some trouble, but we love ya, Joyce.
This was Susan from Between Naps on the Porch blog heading down to the ballroom in the basement where there were young people singing and cookies to be ate.
Ballroom
Christmas tree in the ballroom. The smallest one is Rose and to her right is Susan and to her left with the purse over her shoulder is Denise. Denise doesn't blog...Yet.... but she is one of us.
Better pic of the ballroom tree
These are the doors leading out to the backyard and our exit. From here we all went to JCT Kitchens for a wonderful lunch. Gifts were passed out and Joyce got these adorable bag creations and slid in a bag of micro popcorn...how fun and I LOVE snowmen, thanks Joyce.
Denise made some chocolate covered pretzels for everyone's sweet tooth. This hit the spot of a little sweet some'n, thanks, Denise.
All of us brought in a Christmas ornament to exchange. We set them all in the center of the table and you were to take anyone but the one you brought. This was from sandie over at Chatty Crone blog and the one I got. It will fit in so well with the Nature theme I did a couple Christmases ago and will do again, thanks Sandie.
And to Sue, our blogging pal that was not able to make it but thought of me anyhow and got me this adorable snowman bowl, how cute is this... thanks, Sue...missed you today....and did I mention I LOVE snowmen.
My picture of all the gals in front of one of the trees did not turn out...so as soon as Joyce sends me one of the pics she took, I will post it. To Sue and Rose, hope you are feeling better and please keep Sandie in your prayers, she is having total knee replacement surgery on Dec. 20th.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
4 comments:
It was so much fun! You got some good pics. I haven't even downloaded mine yet. I am still full from lunch!
Oh Good.....it was you who likes snowmen!!...my mind isn't fully gone yet.LOL....I missed you guy since all I did all day was sleep and have the Boss say..."So when are you cooking?".....the pictures look like you all had a great time.....I promise the next event I will show up even if I'm dead! How am I feeling?? It sucks to get old.
Wow...what beautiful decorations!! Looks like such a fun day!!
You took some great pictures today. It was a beautiful place wasn't it? I'm glad I got to go and I loved lunch - still full myself.
I am so glad you liked the squirrel - I thought he was cute.
Thanks also for prayer for my knee surgery. I'm a little nervous so it helps.
So glad to see you today.
sandie
Post a Comment