Thursday, January 12, 2012

Southfork Ranch interior

Now...let's see if third time is the charm.

Each time I try to do this post the internet knocks me off... is it trying to tell me something?

The house is 4,769 sq. ft. not as large as the TV show portrays. The tour guide was telling us that the interior shots had to be done on a set in LA because of all the equipment used and these rooms definitely could not handle that.

Here we go...ready...


This room is where we sat and were told the history of the place. They call this Bobby's Board room.


Right outside Bobby's Board room is JR's office. I took this picture because of the walls, they are leather panels with studs and to the right is the bathroom with two stalls.


The doors to the left are the two stalls


Another bar area and thought these candlesticks were quite fitting.

No explanation for these next pictures.








                                                 Actor, Jim Davis, as Jock Ewing


Lovely bronze Eagle is family room.

These bedrooms were on the 1st floor...Lucy Ewings


Bobby's beddroom


Miss Ellie and Jock's bedroom


Miss Ellie and Jock's bathroom


Upstairs we saw JR and Sue Ellen's bedroom and bath



Near the man on the right is the second floor balcony that over looks the pool and behind the bed are large pictures of JR and Sue Ellen. This is the book case going out of their bedroom.


JR and Sue Ellen's large bathroom with sauna






Upstairs hallway went around the foyer. Where the person is on the left are french doors that lead to the balcony in the front of the house.



Half bath off the foyer and around the corner to the left is the private toilet area



Hope you enjoyed the tour and a bit of history. Stay tuned this summer when a new series is suppose to start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chez Cheri, nice tour you brought us through today, very interesting to see the place :)
Enjoy our day!

Eva

Chatty Crone said...

So I don't get it - I thought people were living there - and you and a tour? I'm all messed up I guess. Eva is a friend of mine from Ireland and I sent her to your blog! sandie