There is a pottery studio near me called:
The Mudpatch
Broad St.
Winder, GA
that I took Miss Independence to on one of the days she was visiting me. The price on the kilned green ware includes the piece, using their supplies and firings.
She picked out a dog face to paint and SHE painted the whole thing HERSELF. I cleaned up the puddle of paint around the piece and the owner showed her how to do the eyes with a round flat sponge.
She wanted to paint something for her mama and we choose this frame thinking that Jessica could attach a picture or a quote for her office.
Miss Independence did the painting on the main color and gamma did the intricate painting.
FYI Jessica, the colors are under the number and it is #22 (which isn't quite that orange) and #9
In between paint drying she took time to check out:
Here are some inside shots of the studio and also some work that others have done plus some pieces waiting for someone to come and make them their own.
3 comments:
What a fun outing! I hope you will show us the finished pieces! She did so well on the dog face! hugs, Linda
Wow - no wonder why she wants to come to your house - you do the most fun things - can I come over?
sandie
That looks like so much fun!!! I need something relaxing and therapeutic like that...right now!
Post a Comment