That is what happened with this chair
It just didn't go with the gray I was doing the master bedroom in. What to do...what to do.
Well I got on to fabric.com and found some fabric that made my heart sing and on S.A.L.E (that magic word) to boot.
Called around for prices and the dollars were MEGA big...I could have just bought myself a chair when a friend told me her daughter got something reupholstered and was happy with the job and price. So I called...we chatted and I described the chair including the skirt and covered buttons. I was quoted a price and also told how much fabric to purchase. DONE!
Since it was about an hour's drive from our house, I had the fabric for about 3 months before hubby had to go that direction for business and he took the chair on over. Hubby called and now the price went up $175 and I could have cried...no really...I could have cried. He said he didn't know about the skirt or buttons...but I did tell him...honest I did. This all happened in the same week that I felt like everyone wasn't being honest with me and this was the proverbial straw that broke the camels back at this point.
Anyhow...
We agreed on a price somewhere in between
And...
today our beauty came home...
Ain't she purty?
I couldn't be happier with how she turned out and my fabric choice. Next time I will send the upholstery guy a picture along with measurements. But if you are looking for someone to reupholster a piece of furniture and live in Atlanta or the metro area I would highly recommend:
Apex Furniture Refinishing
1819 Lower Roswell Rd
Marietta, Ga 30068
1-770-971-2007
You'll be glad you did.
(this is my own opinion, they did not ask me to promote their business, but I like to let people know when I think a business has done a good job).
Can't you see the BIG smile on my face? :)
4 comments:
WOW! No wonder you're pleased. Love your fabric choice. She's a beaut!
Cheri - I have seen your chair in that room - and let me say it was nice, but this is absolutely gorgeous. I love it. Just love it. sandie
PS you were near me - why didn't you call?
That is STUNNINGLY gorgeous. I literally gasped. I LOVE that fabric choice!! May I have it now?
I think that's a pretty good price for a chair that you got for free! You revamped it and it looks great in your room. I know having chairs reupholstered can get so expensive!
Post a Comment