This is an over load of pictures...bear with me.
We had a small balcony outside of our hotel and this was the view looking straight down.
Looking to the left
Traffic is a little different here on the island...they have "Traffic Circles."
Here are some of our pictures as we were going around one
As you go around the circle there are streets off to the right to turn onto. Our GPS might say to take the 3rd exit off the traffic circle which is the 3rd road on the right. You have to imagine that if the circle were not there and you could go straight through that these roads (or exits) would just be normal roads on you right or left.
This picture shows a car on one of the roads off the circle.
I know...I am fascinated by this but then I also have a GPS that speaks with an English accent that tells me when I am getting on the highway that I am approaching the "motor way," and I thought this was odd.
Biking is a big mode of transportation and this is big business here. All the main streets have these bike paths and some bridges for bikers.
An FYI...do you know what these two pictures have in common and "why?"
Do you notice how low the signs are for the business...it is because of hurricanes. They don't want high signs blowing in the high winds and causing damage or injuries. The only problem I found with this and all the trees...I would generally pass the store/restaurant we were trying to find and have to do a U-turn.
We passed beautiful golf courses
This is a lovely entrance to one of the Developments here on the island. Most all of these Developments/Resort areas have entrances just like this.
(Sorry for the distortion...all these pictures were taken out a car window as we traveled and I didn't change anything on the camera so I don't know why some are different colors and some areas are smaller (the distortion) than others. When I downloaded them on my computer they all came out normal...any one have suggestions on this?) New camera maybe????
Spanish moss everywhere
This is really bugging me how these pictures are looking on my blog.
Going over one of the bridges towards Savannah
Hope you enjoyed with the distortion and all.
3 comments:
We went there years ago when we still lived in Chicago and brought my mother with us. It was one of the best trips. I bet it has grown up. Still looks beautiful. And the signs make sense! sandie
I don't follow directions very well so signs are an issue for me. LOL. Hope you're having a great time!
I learned something new today! I've never been to Hilton Head before. (I'm probably the only one. Ha!) I've heard how nice it is and your pictures prove that. I found it fascinating to learn about the circles and the signs. I haven't seen that in other coastal areas. I would love to go there one day. I feel like I've been to alot of coastal regions (in the south) but not that one. I've heard it is a big golf and tennis mecca. Maybe that's why I haven't gone. My husband and I play neither! Thanks for sharing your pics.
Post a Comment