Anyhow...we are concluding our "Camp Grandma" (as middle daughter called it) week with baking.
We decided to do 3 baking items...
First we did "No Bakes" or as my recipe said, "Cocoa Scotch Clusters." Started this one first with no baking involved...duh...
(Sorry about the yellow line but this was the best pic out of 7)
There are only 4 ingredients: chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, peanut butter and Rice Krispies
Here she is hard at work stirring the mix over a medium heat
(I was right there to make sure she didn't get burnt, but she listens real well to my directions)
And dropping them by the spoonful onto wax paper.
(A little taste testing was involved that I may or may not have participated in)
Finished product.
We then went on to make cinnamon muffins from a box...I know...the shame of it not doing this from scratch but I needed to make these since there are 12 of them and we can't eat 12 ourselves. They are a Tastefully Simple mix...does that get me off the hook?
(This picture only took me 8 tries before I got a decent one...ugh!)
Decided that it might be easier to get the batter in the muffin pan using a frosting decorator bag instead of spooning it in...after all...I have a 4 year olds little hands wanting to help
Our last item to bake was a request for peanut butter cookies
We mixed it all up including cracking the egg which ended up on the counter instead of the bowl...it is all part of the learning process. No worries.
What baker doesn't have to lick the beater or bowl...Yum!
Our Bounty
5 comments:
Post a Comment