Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Let's Talk Dry Wall

I don't know who hates this part worse....me or hubby. This is not his favorite job no matter what room we are working on. I think it is because he is so meticulous on getting everything "perfectly" smooth.

I...on the other hand HATE the fine white dust EVERYWHERE!

This was my weapon of choice:


Plenty of WIDE masking tape with some painters tape when I ran out.


It went down those gaps between doors, it went down the sides of cabinets...it went anywhere I saw some space because I DID NOT want to clean out each cupboard and wash each dish. No sir.


Plastic over the micro/stove and refrigerator helped a whole lot too. All the regular doors got towels taped at the bottom and so the dust was kept at a minimum in the house. The poor wet dry vac had to get cleaned out with all the hard work it was doing because at this point it was just stirring up the dust as I tried to vac up. Yes...I am the cleaning lady that is "my" job. That and painting.

4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

When you are done with your house - I need you here. lol sandie

Sweet Tea said...

It's a messy job, but it's looking so very nice. Love seeing the job in progress. Picking paint colors is difficult, and I do like you and paint swatches on the wall, except I paint BIG swatches.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

You have been busy and working hard. It is looking great!

hugs,
Linda

Charlotte said...

Perhaps the second color down only in a lighter tone....don't go with the dark color and don't use the cream....too boring...the aqua is lovely but then your stuck with it for awhile...if you do a lighter version of the second color down you can add aqua accents to the room in curtains and table stuff.....
Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day...are you doing anything special...or are you painting!!